Thursday, June 27, 2013

Moving on!

North Dakota was a lot easier than Montana.  I flew through ND.  I did have a few challenges with the wind.  I did make it through it though.  ND was beautiful and it amazes me how spread out everything is in the West.  I do know everything seems to be bigger in the West.  I went by the biggest cow and buffalo statue.  As you can see below that is one big statue.  You can see the actual buffalo in the field.

My first day in Minnesota was hot and windy.  It took me a while to get 60 miles in.  Whenever you average less than 10 mph it becomes a long day.  I made up for it though when I got on a rail to trail path.  On these paths they take old railroad tracks and make them into bike trails. It was absolutely awesome to ride.  I came into so many neat little towns and went by so many beautiful lakes on the route.  I ended up riding the entire route. (110 miles)

 It was nice to meet people on the trail.  I met two couples that were out riding the route.  They were battling the wind as I was enjoying it for once.  I stopped to talk to them and we had a wonderful conversation.  I gave them my card and I hope they read this.  If you do Thank You  for the donation and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your ride. 

It wasn't long that I would be in Minnesota that I would find a viking.  He was in a little lake town called Alexandria.  He makes me look small but I have felt small since I have been on this trip. 
I've made it to Minneapolis, MN and I'm a little over halfway finished with this trip.  I'm taking a day off in Minneapolis to get some rest and go to a chiropractor.  I need a little adjusting from putting in so many miles.  A massage may be in my future as well.  I hope this blog finds everyone BLESSED.  Take your "NOW" and make it a "WOW". 

No comments:

Post a Comment