Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 2-Goodbye Portland

Sorry I'm a day late already. Yesterday, I started the day having breakfast with Cherise and Shira of the Brian Grant Foundation. They are both wonderful ladies truly making a difference.  It is an honor to be riding for Brian Grant Foundation. They are truly helping many people with the facets of Parkinson's Disease. Providing awareness and giving people dealing with Parkinson's ways to cope and continue to live a happy healthy life.

After breakfast it was time to get on my bike again and head into Washington to a small town called Lyle. The ride was absolutely beautiful. It was slow because of the ascend but when I finally reached the top I found Cape Horn.  Cape Horn had a breathtaking view. It was definitely worth the struggle to get up there.  When I got into Lyle I was a absolutely exhausted.

Stats for the day:
Mileage- 72 miles
Ascend- 3609 ft
Time- 4hrs 51min
Calories burned- 6046
Avg speed- 14.7

No comments:

Post a Comment