Monday, June 3, 2013

First day!

Day one complete! My day started with dipping my tire in the Pacific Ocean at Fort Stevens. It was overcast and looked like it could rain at anytime early but then the sun came out and turned out to be a beautiful day.  The ride was tough but the sites were beautiful. I felt strong today. I rode 70 miles and ascended 2,989 feet.  There was one hill after we ate lunch in Clatskanie that ascended 750 feet over a distance of 2.5 m iles.  I know it wont be the toughest I see but I didn't think it would ever end. I also hit a pothole that about dislocated my entire body.  It was truly an awesome day. There were views with the mountains in the background that would absolutely take your breath away.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Bro! Ride strong! We are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael, day one of an epic journey! Take in each and every day and know that we are all alongside you. Your strength in spirit and conviction will inspire many.

    ReplyDelete